Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

The climber

In room 5 we have been learning about the five senses in writing and going back to descriptive writing. We had a prompt and we had to write a descriptive piece of writing but for every paragraph we had to use the 5 senses. See if you can find them 

What was hard: using the 5 senses because I haven't used them in ages. 
What was easy: Being a bit descriptive. 
What I need to work on: Linking in to every paragraph


  We were finally there. We looked around at the huge town and nourishing forests. My friend sat there and had a rest while I was looking around with my hands up high like I have achieved a life goal. I had another look around and saw a stream of water sparkling like diamonds and full of all sorts underwater wildlife but my favorite was the turtles. Everything looked amazing from up here, it was like heaven.


 We stood up and started walking back down. While we were walking down I could feel in the afternoon breeze. After a while it started to get colder and colder until it was freezing. My friend had gone really pale and was starting to shiver. I grabbed on to her and we ran down the mountain BANG. 

 We fell down and instead of the taste of victory it was the taste of grossness and rock but the rock did kind of taste like rock salt so I wasn't really bothered about that but everything else tasted horrible. It was like puking and then eating your puke. 

We got up and got frightened by the wolves howling. We were walking again but we here a bark and then several barks. Then it went dead silent. We stopped and looked around and for some reason my friend started sniffing and said “ they're close but we still need to run”. We ran away and for some reason instead of looking back my friend kept on trying to smell them out instead of looking I guess that’s just how she does that. Suddenly she told me to watch out, I looked in front of me CHOMP.

2 comments:

  1. Hi petelo Im Hasan From YMS

    I liked your story that you wrote. It was interesting to be honest. And petelo I like never say anything interesting so your lucky.

    why did you write a story anyways like what's the purpose of this did you have to or something.

    Why did you choose to write a story about the climber like are interested in climbing or something.

    what inspired you to make a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI thanks for comment. Most answers are in top description

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.